It was Christmas over a dozen years ago that we launched our recruiting efforts for our twin sons. You might think that’s a strange time to get started. Well, there’s NO bad time to get started. It actually worked well for us, because our boys were on vacation and we had blocks of time to work on the front-end work we had to do. It was also mentally great to start the new year with our recruiting campaign in gear.
How about you? Are you planning to maximize Christmas break?
Your recruiting campaign may already be in high gear. On the other hand, you may not have started yet. Or, you’re somewhere in between. In any case, there are things you can do to advance your cause by the end of the year.
Your recruiting campaign is a series of small steps that lead to victory. Don’t get overwhelmed by the daunting task in front of you. Break things up into small steps. In fact, let’s start by charting your next steps. Here are a few questions that will help you map things out.
- What schools do I need to add to my priority list?
- Do I have the contact information for all the coaches on my entire list of schools?
- Which schools would I like to visit in the next six months?
- Do I have my player profile completed?
- Have I contacted at least 50 coaches (or do I plan to in the next 30 days?)
- When will I have my video completed (or updated)?
- If I have not heard from college coaches in the past 30 days, what can I do to renew the interest of college coaches?
These are just a few questions to consider as you make December a great month for recruiting.